Our 3D light field cameras work particularly well for small objects. You can use a standard lens, a telecentric lens or a microscope to select desired field-of-view and depth resolution. The patented micro lens array offers an optimal combination of high effective resolution and extended depth-of-field. Since you only need a single camera and a single shot you can
- estimate the 3D position of objects situated deeply inside a cylindrical enclosure
- take images of moving objects at high frame rates using a flash or strobe
- obtain 3D data through a standard microscope in a single shot.
The effective lateral resolution is at most a quarter of the sensor resolution and the depth resolution is about 1% of the total depth-of-field. The absolute values depend on the main lens used. Typical application areas are:
- Automated optical 3D inspection in industry.
- Measurement of 3D flow with a single access point in fluid mechanics research.
- 3D Plant analysis for breeding, picking or weeding.
- 3D Microscopy for industrial parts.